Over deze vacature
As a Financial Consultant you contribute to the realization of the plan on both content as well as process. Main activities include financial analysis backing up strategic, tactic and operational decisions for a selection of foreign operating companies (OpCo’s). High quality financial analysis and advice will enable Division International and its OpCo’s (Achmea Australia, Eureko Sigorta Turkey, Interamerican Greece, Union Slovakia and Onlia Canada) to steer the business. Furthermore, tight coordination of the business planning process makes sure Division International sticks to its strategic directions. The essence of this role is to contribute to realizing the strategic plan. This needs to be done in a dynamic and international department, with a focus on OpCo’s that provide insurance in highly competitive markets.
As Financial Consultant at Division International you are combining a forward looking and a backward looking approach. Backward looking, you are responsible for business control of a selection of OpCo’s. The forward looking part (more than 3 years ahead) of the role is focused on business planning, which you are coordinating. You make sure that high level OpCo ambitions are aligned and gradually translated to detailed plans. You challenge the content and consolidate OpCo plans to a Rolling Forecast for Division International, that will need to be approved by the Achmea Executive Board. You will provide the Division International Management Team, autonomously and proactively, your advice to enhance performance and grow the value of the company. Furthermore, you will report on performance internally on a monthly basis and for external reporting. The process coordination includes alignment of all involved parties within the Dutch Achmea Holding and OpCo colleagues. Next to the backward and forward looking roles you will do ad hoc projects, like finance innovation with the OpCos and business development.
Finance and Strategy
Division International aims to double its topline between now and 2025 to EUR 3bn. This comes together with a substantial growth of profits. Next to that substantial improvements are planned in terms of customer centricity and digitization of our organizations.
Markets where we are currently active and looking include Greece, Turkey, Slovakia, Australia and Canada. New markets, close to our second home markets may be entered during 2019.
OpCos are providing Non-life, Health and Life insurance. Distribution is increasingly done via the direct (internet and telephone) channel but distribution via agents, brokers and banc assurance is still significant.
Wat jou uniek maakt als Financial Consultant
The role asks for flexibility and independency given the limited size of the performance management team in combination with the large scope of work. Tasks simply need to be done so a hands on mentality and tight cooperation with the Senior Manager Finance & Strategy are key. You are open to change, and willing to innovate in order to realize improvements.
- Education: University Master degree.
- Experience: a minimum of 3 years working experience as a strategic consultant at a management consulting firm or experience within M&A at an investment bank for example.
- You are able to make your own financial analysis, for which analytical skills and eye for detail are required. Based on the analysis you should be able to autonomously share your advice and make impact.
- You have or are willing to develop significant understanding of all the different insurance markets (Non-life, Health, Life). You are aware of external developments (economic, political) in the markets where we are present.
- Your English communication skills (speaking and writing) are excellent. Being able to speak Dutch is an advantage.
The application procedure consists of 2 interviews, a case during the second interview and an online assessment.
Kijk eens rond in Zeist
Wat wij bieden
- A lot of responsibility and room for own initiatives;
- An entrepreneurial international working environment;
- Your location is our head office in Zeist, but we mainly work at flexible workstations in Amsterdam or Utrecht. In addition, you regularly go abroad (both inside and outside Europe). Flexibility is therefore desirable. It may occur that you are in Zeist for a month and then spend a month abroad full-time;
- A salary in the salary range of 3,753 and 5,224 euros a month and attractive secondary employment conditions.
- A progressive employer with strong brands: Centraal Beheer, FBTO, Interpolis and Zilveren Kruis.
- Of course we also offer a fixed year-end bonus and a good pension plan.
Van betekenis zijn voor zo’n 10 miljoen Nederlanders
Bijdragen aan een veilige én toekomstbestendige samenleving
De toekomst creëren we samen
Daar kunnen we jouw innovatieve ideeën goed bij gebruiken.
Hoe ziet de sollicitatieprocedure eruit?
Binnen 5 dagen reactie
Of er een volgende stap wordt gezet (en zo ja, welke), weet jij al binnen 5 werkdagen.
Nieuwsgierig als we zijn, willen wij meteen van alles van je weten. Via je device thuis vul je een online assessment in.
Het 1e gesprek
Tijdens onze 1e ontmoeting maken we kennis en bespreken we wat wij voor elkaar kunnen betekenen.
Het 2e gesprek
In een 2e gesprek zetten we de puntjes op de i en beantwoorden we de laatste vragen. Zo weten we beiden waar we aan beginnen.
Allebei even enthousiast!? Samen met jouw toekomstige manager zet je alle afspraken over het werken bij Achmea op een rij.